How to Use a PayPal Gift Card: a Comprehensive Guide
PayPal is a popular online money transfer service with diverse features for both personal and business use. But have you ever heard about a PayPal gift card? If you are interested in the answer to this question, then you have come to the right place. In our article, you can learn what a PayPal gift card is and how to use it, plus discover how a PayPal gift card works. Let’s check all these out next.
Understanding PayPal Gift Cards
Let's start with what a gift card is to understand how PayPal gift online cards work. Essentially, this is a prepaid card with a fixed amount to make purchases of goods or services. The purchase amount mustn't exceed the amount of money on such a card. You can use a digital gift card until the card balance equals zero. As for the denomination, you can choose from $10 to $500. It is also important to remember that you cannot replenish it. That is, you get a card with a fixed denomination.
What are the main benefits of using gift cards? Below are the main things users like about it:
- This is a good idea as a gift on special occasions, as such a card can be sent by email.
- Online transactions are well-protected, as PayPal is an excellent option for its high level of security.
- The card owner can make offline and online purchases of goods or services.
- There is also an opportunity to use it as an in-person transaction tool.
Does PayPal have an online gift card on the official site? Yes, if you want to purchase a card online, you need to go to the official PayPal website. If you want to purchase a physical card in a retail store, then you can look at malls such as Target or Walmart.
Activating and Redeeming Your PayPal Gift Card
How do PayPal digital gift cards work? There are several important steps that you need to complete to use the card.
Activating Your PayPal Gift Card
To start using this card, you must first activate it. How to do it? Go to the official website, enter the card number, CVC2 number, and go through the security check. Please note that you will only be able to use the card after it has been activated.
Redeeming Your PayPal Gift Card
If you have a PayPal account, you can transfer funds from the gift card to your account. How to do it? Go to your account and select the Wallet section. In the Wallet menu, you should click on Add Money, enter your gift card details, and specify the amount you want to redeem. Also, pay attention to the fact that if you have a PayPal account in dollars while the gift card is in another currency, it will be automatically converted to the currency of your account.
Linking Your PayPal Account
You can link this card to your PayPal account. If you already have an account, then you need to log in and then select the Wallet section. There, you click on a Link a card or bank option, add info about your card, and finish with the security code. How do PayPal gift cards work in such a case? After linking it to your account, you can choose this card as one of the payment options. Although you still won't be able to top it up.
Using PayPal Gift Card for Online Purchases
How do you use a PayPal gift card to make online purchases? It's actually pretty simple:
- Choose a store that accepts PayPal as a payment method.
- Select the items you want to buy.
- Complete your order and select PayPal as your payment method.
- Enter your PayPal profile details to use the gift card.
- Select Apply a Gift Card and enter your gift card number.
- Click Apply for the funds on the card to be debited as payment for purchases.
Using PayPal Gift Card for In-Store Purchases
Yes, you can use this card to pay for purchases in offline stores. And if you are wondering, “How do I use a gift card on PayPal to make purchases offline?” we are glad to tell you this process doesn't differ much from using a common bank or credit card:
- First, you should make sure that the store offers such an opportunity as payment using PayPal. Ask the seller about the terms of payment.
- Next, the cashier enters the card number, and you must enter your PIN to finish the purchase.
Managing Your PayPal Gift Card
How to manage your gift card? There are a few things you need to be aware of:
- Linking or transferring funds. You can link a gift card to your account or withdraw money from the card to your PayPal account.
- Balance check. To check the balance of your card, you need to log into your PayPal account and go to the Wallet section. To do this, you must link a gift card to your account first.
- Contact support. You can always contact the support service to get help with any questions that interest you.
So now you know what a PayPal gift card is and how to use it. This can be a great option for those who are looking for a useful and versatile gift, or want a tool for a convenient and safe online or offline shopping experience.
Does the PayPal website have a digital gift card for PayPal?
Yes, you can go to the official website to get such a card. If you plan to give this card to another user as a present, then it is possible to use email to share it.
How do I add money to PayPal with gift cards?
If necessary, you can add money to your PayPal account. To do this, you need to complete the following steps: go to your account, go to the Wallet section, click Add Money, and specify the required amount and card details.
How do I combine PayPal gift cards?
According to the policy of PayPal, there is no such possibility as combining several cards for one balance. But you can combine these cards when purchasing a product. To do this, you need to add your cards as a payment method. You can also transfer money from your gift cards to your PayPal account and use it to pay for goods and services.